BUILD A SOLID CONSULTING PRACTICE IN 8 WEEKS
Get Started in Consulting is a safe, non-judgemental learning programme.
Develop the mindset, business systems and consulting tools
you need to do your best work and create impact for your clients
You want to create a sustainable income doing something you love.
You want to be up and running as soon as you can.
But you may be feeling frustrated and stuck!
You have lots of questions. And these are holding you back.
- How long will it take to get started?
- When will you have your first client?
- How can you bridge the transition period?
- What specific steps do you need to take to get started?
- Where to start and what to do first?
We’ve been there too. We know how it feels. We can help!
Imagine how you would feel...
..if you had all the business systems and consulting tools in place you need to get started in your consulting practice.
..if you spent less time worrying about ‘how to’ run your business and had more time to enjoy the challenge and reward of your technical work.
..if you were clear on your ideal consulting practice. Imagine intentionally targeting and winning more work with clients that align with your values and purpose. This means wasting less time writing proposals for work you won’t enjoy.
..if you had a healthy consultant mindset and solid negotiation skills under your belt. You would spend less time under-charging and over-working and more time doing great work for which you are valued. You would have a more sustainable and stable income stream.
..if you had concise writing and presenting for impact tools in your pocket. You would spend less time hair-pulling on unwieldy reports and presentations. And get more great feedback from clients who receive your message clearly.
Imagine how you'd feel to be increasing the impact you seek.
We're Janet and Helen
We want to help women connect, share and improve how to show up as consultants.
We transitioned to work as independent consultants over 5 years ago. Before that, we worked in and for consulting firms and NGOs for over 30 collective years.
We have a solid track record of finding, developing bids for and winning great pieces of consulting work. We have fun working together on work that we choose to go for. We work with motivated and engaging clients.
We are intentional about finding pieces of work where we believe we can add specific value to the development space.
We remember all the questions we had when we made the leap. We also remember it was not easy to find answers and support.
Get Started in Consulting is an 8-week programme with your peers.
You will learn and take the exact steps you need to get started and flourish in your consulting practice
Here's what we do on the Programme.
- 2 x 1-hour online lessons per week
- Feedback and interaction between lessons with your cohort in a dedicated Facebook Group
- 1 x Q&A session each week
- 2-3 hours homework each week
- Self-reflective work and work in pairs/small groups
- Ongoing accountability Q&A sessions on Zoom for 6 months post Programme
- Access to your cohort’s private Facebook Group for 6 months post Programme
- Get the detailed Programme Timetable here
Our mission is simple.
More women in consulting.
We started the Women's Consulting Workshop with one purpose.
To grow the number of women consulting in the international development and social impact space. This is crucial to the improvement of our sector.
To create this change, we are building a consulting space that listens, engages and contributes. Get Started in Consulting is one of the ways we do this.
By the end of the programme you will have developed confidence and clarity around your unique value. You will have the solid foundations on which to build your consulting practice.
We are really excited to be leading this Programme for you!
Learning happens through a combination of
online teaching, group work, independent work, and plenty of discussion!
By the end of the programme you will have the mindset, the systems and tools in place to support you getting started in consulting.
Specifically you will:
- Be crystal clear on your consulting why and what impact you’re going to have.
- Have your Roadmap to guide your next business development steps.
- Have clarity on your income goals and have a fee rate to match.
- Have developed your skills in negotiation.
- Understand your brand.
- Have a marketing system and tools in place to attract the clients you want to work with.
Know where to look for work and how to win it.
- Understand how to write and present for impact.
You will leave the Programme with:
- A healthy consultant Mindset
- Your consulting practice Roadmap
- A bundle of 12 learning assets that cover your business systems and practice tools – all of which you can use straight away to support your consulting practice
- A network of supportive professional peers
- Support from Helen and Janet throughout the process
- Peace of mind from achieving clarity, connection, and alignment in your practice
- 6 months support post programme in monthly Q&A sessions
Our promise to you.
We promise to show up consistently, with honesty and integrity as we accompany you on your journey.
We developed our own consulting systems and tools to help improve our consulting practices. This is what we want to share with you. The step by step process that you can make your own.
We continue to learn and work on our consulting mindset and practice. And we love the journey!
We want to work together to have a bigger and better impact on the social impact and development space.
Q. How does it work
Q: Will I have 1:1 support with Janet and Helen on this programme
Q. Are the sessions live or recorded?
Q. How long is the programme?
Q. Can I have all the material at once so I can move at my own pace?
Q. What is the cost of the programme?
Q. I can’t afford this right now
Q. Do I really need to spend money on something like this?
Q. I’m too busy to do this right now
This will not be for everyone.
But, if you think this programme is for you and you are ready to join us you can sign up for the waitlist below.
We would love to join you on this part of your consulting journey!
We want you to succeed in taking the steps to set up your successful consulting practice.